Jon Stewart Baffled by CNN's Queen's Jubilee Coverage (Video)
The Comedy Central directs his sarcasm at journalists' excitement over Elizabeth II's much-hyped procession down the river Thames.
With media coverage of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee in overdrive, leave it to Jon Stewart to skewer the spectacle with hilariously edited footage of highly enthusiastic journalists narrating the procession of royal boats on the river Thames.
"So to what you and I appear to be tugboats and garbage barges festooned in paper mache drifting in celebration of a durable old lady's continued non-death, was to the trained journalist's eye, much much more," the host smirked on Monday's edition of The Daily Show.
Stewart specifically targeted CNN's play-by-play of Sunday's much-televised event, cutting to clips of reporters making such statements as "an ORGY of excitement awaits us" and "I have NEVER seen as spectacle quite like this in my life!" For the latter declaration, he juxtaposed an image of an near-empty river.
Asked Stewart: "Is this somehow the British equivalent of a monster truck show?"
Watch the clip below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10