Jon Stewart Slams Department of Justice for Jailing Potheads, Not Wall Street (Video)
The "Daily Show" host wonders: "What are they, too big to jail?"
Jon Stewart took the Department of Justice to task on Thursday's Daily Show for pursuing "unusually harsh punishments for individuals whose crimes don't really seem to merit them."
Individuals such as potheads and hackers, said Stewart, quipping: "Basically, if you can be played in a movie by Kevin Smith, the Feds would like a word with you." He then rolled footage of an excerpt from a PBS documentary where the narrator observed that there have been no arrests of senior Wall Street execs since the financial crisis five years ago.
"Why not? Why haven't you arrested any of those guys? None of them bought pot? And if they didn't buy pot, it's only because they blew all their money on cocaine," joked Stewart. "What are they, too big to jail?!"
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR