Jon Stewart Slams Department of Justice for Jailing Potheads, Not Wall Street (Video)
The "Daily Show" host wonders: "What are they, too big to jail?"
Jon Stewart took the Department of Justice to task on Thursday's Daily Show for pursuing "unusually harsh punishments for individuals whose crimes don't really seem to merit them."
Individuals such as potheads and hackers, said Stewart, quipping: "Basically, if you can be played in a movie by Kevin Smith, the Feds would like a word with you." He then rolled footage of an excerpt from a PBS documentary where the narrator observed that there have been no arrests of senior Wall Street execs since the financial crisis five years ago.
"Why not? Why haven't you arrested any of those guys? None of them bought pot? And if they didn't buy pot, it's only because they blew all their money on cocaine," joked Stewart. "What are they, too big to jail?!"
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)