Joseph Gatt Cast in Mystery 'Game of Thrones' Role (Poll)
Fans speculate he'll take on the part of the muscular (and hairless) Magnar of Thenn.
British actor Joseph Gatt is headed to Game of Thrones.
HBO confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that the actor has been cast in the upcoming fourth season of the hit, but isn't revealing what role he'll be playing.
Speculation online (fueled by Gatt's IMDB page) has him pegged as Styr, Magnar of Thenn, the wildling leader known for his muscular build and hairless body. Sound familiar? Gatt has also tweeted about being in Iceland, where scenes beyond the wall are shot.
Gatt has previously played a frost giant in Thor and a science officer in Star Trek Into Darkness.
In A Storm of Swords, the third book in Thrones author George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire, Styr leads an attack on Castle Black as part of Mance Rayder's assault on the wall. Martin has said Styr will have a role in season four, as well as other new characters Mace Tyrell (father of Margaery and Loras) and Oberyn Martell (better known as The Red Viper – a man with a vendetta against the Lannisters).
The latter two roles have already been cast, with Roger Ashton-Griffiths taking on Mace Tyrell and The Red Viper going to Graceland actor Pedro Pascal. So who does that leave for Gatt?
Season three tackled roughly the first two thirds of A Storm of Swords plus material from later books. If season four wraps up A Storm of Swords and draws from A Feast for Crows as well, could this provide a clue?
Who would you like Gatt to play? Take our poll below.
Additional reporting by Lesley Goldberg.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws