Joss Whedon 'Endorses' Mitt Romney and the Zombie Apocalypse (Video)
The "Avengers" director throws his weight behind the GOP nominee, praising the former Massachusetts governor with tongue in cheek for what he calls apocalyptic proposals.
They may have at one time differed on issues such as gay marriage, women's rights and economic policy, but Joss Whedon knows he can count on Mitt Romney to create the real kind of change he believes in: the rise of a zombie apocalypse.
Whedon, an active advocate for LGBT issues, calls himself a feminist and a self-described liberal, released a video on Sunday endorsing Romney's candidacy for the White House, which - if true - would mark a shift from his allegiance to President Obama, to whom he donated $35,000 last year.
"Romney is ready to make the deep rollbacks in healthcare, education, social services, reproductive rights that will guarantee poverty, unemployment, overpopulation, disease, rioting -- all crucial elements in creating a nightmare zombie wasteland," he said . "But it's his commitment to unregulated corporate privilege that will nosedive this economy into true insolvency and chaos."
After offering up a few of the classic archetypes in zombie films Whedon continued, "Mitt's not afraid to face a ravening grasping hoard of subhumans -- because that's how he sees poor people already."
And Whedon should know: this is a man who ran two long shows about vampires and other undead creatures.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR