Joy Behar Channels 'Newhart' in Final Show (Video)
"The View" host signed off for the last time on her HLN "The Joy Behar Show" Thursday with an homage to Bob Newhart's famed sitcom finale.
As The Hollywood Reporter previously reported, Joy Behar ended her HLN news talk program The Joy Behar Show Thursday.
The host, who is still appearing five days a week on ABC's The View, confirmed to THR in Nov. that her program had been cancelled after filming more than 500 episodes in over two years.
“I am very proud of the show that we created at HLN and I owe tremendous thanks to the show team who made it possible,” Behar said in a statement at the time.
Her final guest was fellow comedian Steve Martin, and the duo had a frank discussion about her future plans.
“I mean, I do The View but I’m done at 12:00 there,” she quipped to Martin. “I have the whole afternoon. What am I going to do?”
But when the comedian fired back, saying, “Isn’t that sort of great? I just wonder, why do you want two jobs?” Behar answered,“I don’t know,” she said. “I just like to work, I think.”
Behar also thanked her audience for watching, and said "the network is trying to do something else, so let them do what they want to do."
After having a champagne toast, Behar ended the show on a light note, with an homage to the famous finale of Bob Newhart's Newhart show.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR