Julia Roberts Producing 'The Taming of the Shrew' For ABC
The actress and longtime production partner Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas have sold the workplace sitcom, which references the classic Shakespeare work in title alone.
Julia Roberts is bringing The Taming of the Shrew to TV -- sort of.
A half-hour comedy of the same name, which references William Shakespeare's play in name alone, just sold to ABC. The actress' Red Om Films, Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas of 3 Arts and ABC Studios are producing the workplace laugher, which follows a horrible boss and the employees trying to reign her in.
Marc Hyman (Meet the Fockers) wrote the script, and Roberts and Goldsmith-Thomas are both serving as executive producers. The project marks another in a long line of collaborations for the women, who first worked together when Goldsmith-Thomas was Roberts' agent at ICM in the early '90s.
While Goldsmith-Thomas was at Revolution Studios East, she and Roberts produced two films based on the American Girl series and CBS' short-lived dramedy Queens Supreme with Aaron Spelling.
Goldsmith-Thomas joined 3 Arts after last fall's development season, where she now serves as manager-producer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10