Julianne Moore as Sarah Palin: Mashup Video Compares the Star and Woman She Portrayed (Video)
A YouTube cut shows just how precise the Oscar winner got her impression of the former vice presidential candidate.
Whether HBO was truthful in its depiction of Sarah Palin's 2008 campaign behavior in their new film Game Change may never fully be known -- both sides of the issue are quite entrenched in their positions -- but there is little doubting they had one thing right: star Julianne Moore's absolutely dead on in her portrayal of Palin's voice, mannerisms and attitude.
Moore earned raves for her work as the under-fire candidate, from the makeup-assisted physical transformation to her assumption of Palin's Alaskan-by-way-of-Idaho accent (aided by an iPod full of speeches). She took on her smile, her gaze and her motherly lectures at the podium, as well as her panic attacks and blank stares when things were going awry.
Need proof? While the movie is now available on demand on HBO, a patient YouTube user has also put together a mashup of the two women, comparing their same speeches and conversations to show just how close Moore got to getting Palin down cold.
Between the uncanny resemblance and the dialogue sparked by the film, Game Change served its ultimate purpose: bringing in eyeballs; its premiere on Saturday night brought in 2.1 million viewers, while 3.6 million took in its four weekend screenings altogether, making it the most-watched HBO Original Film in eight years.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack