'Justified' Actor Recruited for Fox's Navy Drama 'Wild Blue'
Mykelti Williamson has joined the upstairs/downstairs project from "Justified's" Taylor Elmore.
Wild Blue has found its chief.
Mykelti Williamson has signed on for the Fox drama pilot from Justified's Taylor Elmore, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. The news marks a reunion for the two, as Williamson recurs on the FX drama.
ER, The West Wing and Top Gun collide in this young ensemble about the working men and women on board a U.S. aircraft carrier. Equipped with a 500-foot landing strip, a nuclear reactor and 6,000 souls on board, the drama is an upstairs/downstairs look at pressure-cooker lives of the Navy.
Williamson will play the tough Command Master Chief Donald Bowman, the direct liaison between the officers (upstairs) and the enlisted (downstairs) and responsible for every non-officer aboard the ship. He joins a cast that includes Will Rothhaar, Josh Salatin and Alano Miller.
Elmore will write and co-executive produce. Graham Yost, Mark Johnson and Michael Dinner are EPs. Melissa Bernstein is co-EP. Dinner will direct.
He is repped by Innovative and attorneys David Fox and Jennifer Grega at Myman, Abell, Fineman, Greenspan and Light.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR