Justin Bieber Performs on 'Today', Steals Matt Lauer’s First Tweet (Video)
The pop star also addressed on his run-in with a glass wall in Paris, calling himself “clumsy.”
When Justin Bieber stopped by NBC’s Today show, he probably didn’t expect to be given a pop quiz on his life. But to be fair, co-host Matt Lauer probably didn’t expect the pop star would commandeer his inaugural tweet to declare he had Bieber-fever .
But first, Lauer asked Bieber about his forthcoming album Believe, which has been touted as the pop star’s chance to crossover from teen heartthrob to artist for adults.
Does that transition scare him?
“I’m 18 and I have a lot of insecurities. At the end of the day, being in my position doesn’t get rid of those insecurities,” Bieber said. "I think (this album) is about proving people wrong and going out there and making good music and going out there and performing better than everyone else."
Lauer then put Bieber through the wringer, quizzing him on the last two weeks of his life, including the number of countries he has visited (seven), the number of interviews he has given (more than 100, but Bieber insisted Lauer’s was special) and how many glass walls he has walked into (one).
“Let’s not talk about it. I’m pretty clumsy and I don’t see glass walls,” said Bieber, who received a concussion after running into a glass wall during a show in Paris earlier this month. “I’ve had concussions, I used to play hockey.”
Lauer asked Bieber, a social media king, to compose the first Tweet for the NBC co-host’s account. Though Lauer tried to tell Bieber what to write, the pop star had his own agenda.
Bieber also treated the Today show crowd, some of whom had been occupying the area since Tuesday, to a performance of “Boyfriend.”
As any Twitter followers of Lauer’s now know, Bieber’s Believe hits stores June 19.
Watch the videos below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack