Kaley Cuoco to Host 2012 People's Choice Awards, Ending Queen Latifah's 5-Year Streak
CBS and executive producer Mark Burnett have tapped the "Big Bang Theory" star for the awards' 38th show.
Kaley Cuoco could find a second career in hosting. After emceeing the Teen Choice Awards in August, the Big Bang Theory star will preside over the 2012 People's Choice Awards.
CBS announced Thursday at the Cuoco is set to host the 38th outing of the kudofest, which will air live on Wednesday, Jan 11, 2012.
The choice of Cuoco marks a notable departure for the show. The previous five People's Choice Awards have been hosted by singer and actress Queen Latifah.
"We are thrilled to welcome Kaley as the new host," executive producer Mark Burnett said. "She's been making people laugh on top-rated comedy series for the last decade, first with 8 Simple Rules and now with The Big Bang Theory."
In 2010, Cuoco's current series took home the People's Choice for favorite comedy, losing out to Glee this year.
Voting to determine nominees in the show's 41 categories is already open on its official website.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR