Kat Von D Refuses to Apologize for Storming Off 'Good Day L.A.' Set
"[Thursday] the new season of LA Ink starts and I admit I'm not strong enough to do all the press I committed to doing for the show," she writes on Facebook after calling off her engagement to Jesse James.
In a long letter posted Wednesday called, "What Can I say? I Suck," she writes, "Although my intentions were never to offend or hurt anyone’s feelings, this isn't an apology for walking out on a silly morning show interview this morning- and this isn’t an attempt at justifying anything either. I don't expect people to understand, just like I can't expect myself to be able to please everyone at all times."
"[Thursday] the new season of LA Ink starts and I admit I'm not strong enough to do all the press I committed to doing for the show. Today was a perfect example of that," she goes on. It airs at 10 p.m. ET on TLC.
"I'm not going to flatter myself in thinking I'm interesting enough for the press not to pry into gossip-related questions so its unfair of me to expect them to respect that ..but even though it's not in my nature to cancel on people, it IS in my nature to admit when I'm weak," she adds.
"Ratings….Sales….Publicity….The amount of followers I have on twitter… None of those things matters to me… Watch the show or don’t watch it," she says.
"Whether people tune in or not doesn't change my best efforts or the quality of what I do, because when you make something for the sake of putting good out into the universe, the payback comes from a much more fulfilling place than any man made form of payment," she goes on.
Von D and James announced the end of their engagement over the weekend.
She left the Good Day L.A. studio when they showed a preview clip from L.A. Ink of her getting a tattoo of James.
Producers said they'd been warned ahead of time that Von D didn't want to discuss James' ex wife Sandra Bullock.
Good Day L.A.'s Jillian Barberie said on air that Von D had told her off camera that she did not want to discuss her breakup at all.
Von D Tweeted shortly after, "Dear GoodDayLA, thanks for the waste of a perfectly good morning. Lack of compassion n respect for eachother never fails to disappoint me."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)