'Kate Plus 8' Ends With Best Ratings in More Than a Year
The series finale episode attracts 2.1 million viewers.
Viewers who may have abandoned Kate Plus 8 returned to say goodbye for Monday’s series finale. The series finale episode attracted its highest audience in more than a year.
2.1 million people tuned in to see Kate Gosselin, her children, and those around them say goodbye to the show with a hybrid clip/interview episode. That’s the show’s highest viewership since its June 10 episode last year. It also scored its best rating among the 18-34 demo since July of this year.
The show has experienced quite a ratings decline over the years since Jon Gosselin was on the show and the fifth season premiere attracted close to 10 million viewers. Without Jon, the renamed Kate Plus 8 premiered with 3.4 million viewers in June of last year. But by August, it settled into about 1.6 million viewers an episode.
TLC officially announced the series cancelation this past August. But, for those of you who still want to keep tabs on the Gosselin clan, Kate launched KatePlusMy8.com this week.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR