Kathy Griffin Calls Michele Bachmann a Bigot (Video)
In an appearance on TBS’ Conan Monday, she reveals Bachmann's response.
Kathy Griffin didn't hold back when she met Tea Party presidential candidate Michele Bachman at a recent rally in Washington, D.C.
In an appearance on TBS' Conan Monday, the comic called Bachmann "cuckoo," and said, "As you know, she's a comedian's dream. I don't know if she's great for the country, but she's great for comedians."
Bachman agreed to speak to Griffin on camera. The Republican had an aide tape the interview on a Flip cam for her website.
"I said, 'Congresswoman Bachmann, I am holding a rally to help repeal 'Don't ask, don't tell.' May I count on your support?' As you know, she's not so down with the gays," Griffin told Conan O'Brien.
Bachmann's response? "I don't think so," says Griffin.
Her follow-up question?
"Congresswoman Bachmann, were you born a bigot or did you grow into it?" said Griffin to audience cheers. "Her response was priceless. She said, 'That's a good question, I'll have to get back to ya.' If someone accuses you of being a bigot, that's about as bad as it gets. But she had to get back… President Bachmann! C'mon people, think about it. It's funny."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing