Katie Couric Engaged to Boyfriend John Molner
The ABC News special correspondent and talk show host accepted his proposal over Labor Day weekend.
Katie Couric is engaged to her boyfriend of nearly two years, John Molner, Couric's rep confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.
Molner, the head of mergers and acquisitions at Brown Brothers Harriman & Co., proposed to Couric at sunset on the beach in East Hampton, N.Y., over Labor Day weekend, People first reported.
Molner is from Chicago, the same city where Couric's parents met, ABC News reported.
Couric's first husband, Jay Monahan, died from colon cancer in 1998.
Couric previously gushed about Molner to USA Today, saying "We're having a great time. He's really funny and very successful in his own right. In a different line of work."
The second season of Couric's talk show, Katie, premieres on Monday. The former Today and CBS Evening News anchor is also a special correspondent for ABC News.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR