Katie Couric to Guest Host 'The View'
After signing her talk show deal at ABC, the former CBS news anchor will appear on the network's morning show.
Katie Couric has been tapped to guest co-host ABC's chat-fest The View on Aug. 3.
The announcement follows the former CBS News anchor's decision to join ABC as a syndicated talk show host and sometimes news contributor last month. In fact, offering the latter was a critical piece to nabbing Couric, who considers herself a journalist first.
As part of her rich deal at the Disney-owned network, she will be anchoring specials, contributing interviews and participating in special events coverage across ABC's dayparts.
To kick it off with The View is particularly fitting. After some 15 years at NBC's Today, Couric is no stranger to morning show banter -- and softening her image with lighter fare is an important piece of marketing as Couric readies for her talk show premiere next fall.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)