Katie Couric Lands Interview With Widow of Joe Paterno (Exclusive)
Sue Paterno will answer questions for the first time since the Jerry Sandusky sex-abuse scandal rocked Penn State.
Katie Couric has landed an exclusive interview with the widow of Penn State football coach Joe Paterno. It is the first in-depth interview Sue Paterno has given since the sex-abuse scandal rocked college sports and forever tarnished her husband's legacy.
Couric visited Sue Paterno at her home in State College, Pa., where she lived with her husband of 50 years until his death in January 2012. That came just two months after he was fired by the university.
In June, Jerry Sandusky -- a former assistant coach at Penn State and a longtime and close colleague of Joe Paterno's -- was convicted of 45 counts of child sexual abuse and sentenced to a minimum of 30 years in prison.
The Paterno family has steadfastly defended Joe Paterno's actions in the case, saying he did what was expected of him by reporting Sandusky to college administrators. Sue Paterno also is scheduled to appear at Katie's New York studio on Feb. 11, when the installment is scheduled to air.
Couric's latest get comes two weeks after her sit-down with star Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o, which gave the show its largest audience since its premiere in September.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR