Katie Couric Reveals Onetime Struggle with Bulimia
Speaking to Demi Lovato, the "Katie" host reveals that she too struggled with the eating disorder through her early-20s.
Katie Couric battled bulimia throughout her late-teens and 20s, the talk show host said on Monday.
The mention came on Couric's new syndicated talk show, Katie, during a candid conversation with X Factor judge Demi Lovato.
Lovato has been open about her personal struggles, including bouts of bulimia and self-injury. And when the subject turns to the former, the onetime CBS Evening News anchor got honest.
“I wrestled with bulimia all through college and for two years after that," Couric says. "And I know this rigidity, this feeling that if you eat one thing that’s wrong, you’re full of self-loathing and then you punish yourself, whether it’s one cookie or a stick of gum that isn’t sugarless, that I would sometimes beat myself up for that."
Couric admits that she still struggles to find a healthy approach to eating.
"How do you have a healthy relationship with food, and say, ‘You know what, I can have one cookie and it’s okay?’ That is such a huge thing for people who wrestle with this," she says.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack