Katie Couric Talk Show Will Be Called 'Katie' (Photo)
The first key art for the ABC program hit the web Monday.
The title of Katie Couric's new ABC talk show is Katie.
Key art for the program hit the web Monday with the tagline, "The Opportunity Begins September 6th."
Katie premieres on ABC in fall 2012 and is part of Couric's overall deal with the network that allows her to anchor specials, contribute interviews and participate in special events coverage across ABC's dayparts.
Details on Couric's new syndicated talker are being held closely to the vest but Disney/ABC Television Group president Anne Sweeney told The Hollywood Reporter in June that the show would be "topical" and "capture the zeitgeist of what people are talking about."
She continued, "It will be serious at times, obviously informative and fun. Really, a mixture of things we hope people will be interested in. It’s not going to be a news show, but we’ll be talking about the news and issues that I think people care about, whether it’s bullying or the effect technology has on our kids.
"It might be a profile of a navy seal after Osama Bin Laden has been killed; it might talk about women in the military and some of the stresses they experience in reentry with their families.
Couric began her news career at ABC in 1979 as a desk assistant.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game