Katie Couric's Syndie Talker Earns Key Clearances
"Katie" has sold in 55 of the top 60 markets covering more than 80 percent of the country.
Katie Couric's upcoming syndicated talk show Katie has sold to 55 o the top 60 markets.
Set to premiere in September 2012, Katie has been cleared in more than 80 percent of the country, Disney-ABC Domestic Television announced Monday.
“We are absolutely thrilled with the quality of stations onboard to launch 2012’s most highly anticipated new syndicated talker,” Disney-ABC Domestic Television president Janice Marinelli said in a statement. “The extraordinary momentum behind this series is a true testament to Katie’s talent, appeal and her incomparable ability to connect with viewers.”
In addition to clearances and key early fringe time periods for the daytime hourlong talker, Katie has been sold to stations from broadcast groups including Granite, Griffin, Media General, Meredith, Raycom and Sinclair.
The strip has been sold in Minneapolis, Cleveland, St. Louis, Portland, Nashville, Columbus, Salt Lake City, San Antonio and Birmingham, among others.
Queen Latifah has also been tapped to join the daytime fray in 2013
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR