Keith Olbermann Suspends 'Worst Persons in the World' After Conservatives Cry Double Standard (Video)
The Current TV host ended the segment, "possibly permanently," after conservatives charged his words about Michelle Malkin and S.E. Cupps were as noxious as Rush Limbaugh's "slut" comment
Once again Keith Olbermann is suspending his "Worst Persons In The World" segment.
The Current TV host made the announcement on Wednesday during his show Countdown with Keith Olbermann. He last stopped the segment for a few weeks in November 2010 after Jon Stewart's "Rally to Restore Sanity."
Conservative commentators charged a double standard between the recent controversy over Rush Limbaugh calling Georgetown University law student Sandra Fluke a "slut" and earlier comments Olbermann made about conservative commentators S.E. Cupp and Michelle Malkin.
In 2009, Olbermann tweeted that Cupp was "a perfect demonstration of the necessity of the work Planned Parenthood does." That same year he called Malkin a "big, mashed-up bag of meat with lipstick on it."
Olbermann denied either comment was sexist but promised to apologize to both women. He then made the surprise announcement that he was stopping the controversial feature.
"I'm going to try to raise my standard about not using gratuitously abusive remarks about women, and men," he said. "In fact, I'm going to suspend the Worst Persons segment again, possibly permanently."
See video of Olbermann making the announcement below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR