Kelly Clarkson Lands Role in 'Nashville' Episode
The singer, who just released a "Wrapped in Red" holiday album, will play herself and perform a song outside the show's usual country music scope.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Kelly Clarkson will continue her recent love affair with the genre of country by playing herself on the TV show Nashville.
The pop star is slated to appear in an upcoming episode of the ABC drama, Radio.com reports. She'll stray from performing the show's usual country fare during her cameo, opting to play ’90s dream pop standard "Fade Into You" by Mazzy Star.
Clarkson will perform the song with show stars Sam Palladio and Clare Bowen, who play Gunnar Scott and Scarlett O'Connor, respectively.
She is by no means the first major artist to land a featured role on Nashville; Brad Paisley, Chris Young, Vince Gill, The Black Keys' Dan Auerbach and Brantley Gilbert are among the other musicians taking time for the show in the past.
No word yet on what Clarkson's role -- other than that she's playing herself -- will be on the show.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR