Michael Strahan Expected to Be Named Kelly Ripa's Co-Host on 'Live'
UPDATED: The "Fox NFL Sunday" analyst and former New York Giants All-Pro will fill the spot vacated by Regis Philbin last year.
It looks like Kelly Ripa has finally found a co-host.
Disney-ABC Domestic TV is expected to announce next month that Michael Strahan will take over the Live! With Kelly spot that was vacated by Regis Philbin in November, sources said.
A Live spokesperson had no comment when contacted by The Hollywood Reporter.
Strahan, the former New York Giants star defensive end who now serves as a football analyst on Fox NFL Sunday, is one of several guest co-hosts who have appeared on the show since Philbin's departure.
Since Philbin's exit, Live has had numerous guest co-hosts, starting with Jerry Seinfeld. Others included Neil Patrick Harris, Jim Parsons, Alec Baldwin, Kim Kardashian, Mary J. Blige and Ripa's husband, Mark Consuelos.
In addition to Strahan -- whose TV experience also includes a role as a regular on the short-lived 2009 Fox sitcom Brothers -- other names that had been speculated as contenders to fill the chair on a permanent basis were Seth Meyers, Josh Groban and Pat Kiernan, all of whom have served as guest co-hosts on the syndicated show.
Live's new season premieres Sept. 3.
The news of Strahan's hiring was first reported by Broadcasting & Cable.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'