Kenny Ortega to Direct ABC Family's 'Bunheads' (Exclusive)
The news marks a reunion for Ortega, who helmed several episodes of "Gilmore Girls," and creator Amy Sherman-Palladino.
Dirty Dancing choreographer and High School Musical director Kenny Ortega is reuniting with Gilmore Girls creator Amy Sherman-Palladino.
Ortega, who has directed several episodes of Gilmore Girls, has been tapped to helm the third episode of Sherman-Palladino's new ABC Family ballet drama Bunheads, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively. The episode is slated to air June 25.
Bunheads centers on a Las Vegas showgirl who impulsively marries a man, moves with him to a sleepy coastal town and takes an uneasy role at her mother-in-law's dance school. Sutton Foster, Kaitlyn Jenkins, Julia Telles, Bailey Buntain and Emma Dumont star in the hourlong drama. Gilmore Girls alum Kelly Bishop guest stars.
Production on Bunheads began last week in Los Angeles.
Ortega, repped by Paradigm, is set to direct the Dirty Dancing reboot.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)