Emmy-Winning Composer Joins 'Killing Kennedy' (Exclusive)
Geoff Zanelli will score National Geographic's November TV movie starring Rob Lowe and Ginnifer Goodwin.
Another Emmy winner has boarded National Geographic’s Killing Kennedy.
Composer Geoff Zanelli will score the November TV movie, which stars Rob Lowe and Ginnifer Goodwin as the presidential couple. Zanelli won an Emmy in 2006 for his score to the TNT miniseries Into the West.
He was also nominated for scoring 2010’s HBO miniseries The Pacific, another foray into American history that reteamed him with executive producer Steven Spielberg. Among Zanelli’s other credits are The Odd Life of Timothy Green and 2007’s Shia LaBeouf thriller Disturbia.
Killing Kennedy is NatGeo’s follow-up to Killing Lincoln, which aired in February to record viewership for the channel. Both are based on books by Fox News host Bill O’Reilly and are produced by Ridley Scott, himself an Emmy winner for producing the 2011 History Channel special Gettysburg.
Nelson McCormick will direct from a script Kelly Masterson wrote from O’Reilly’s book, on which the news host collaborated with Martin Dugard.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR