'The Killing' Season Three Gets Two-Hour Premiere Treatment
The rebooted series will return in June with new castmembers Peter Sarsgaard, Elias Koteas and Amy Seimetz.
AMC is bringing back The Killing in a big way.
The cable network announced Friday that the rebooted third season will launch Sunday, June 2 at 8 p.m. with a two-hour premiere.
The 12-episode third season of The Killing will introduce a new case and be set a year after the Rosie Larsen investigation featured in the first two seasons was closed with Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos) no longer a detective. She is drawn back when Stephen Holder's (Joel Kinnaman) search for a runaway girl leads him to a string of murders that connects to a previous investigation she led.
"I am grateful to AMC, Fox TV Studios and Netflix for their commitment to the show and their efforts in bringing The Killing back to air," creator/executive vp Veena Sud said. "I’m also thrilled to be working with our incredible writing team as we continue to explore the lives of Sarah and Holder, who, like so many real-life detectives, grapple with the consequences to their own lives of a no-holds-barred immersion in the world of a homicide investigation."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR