California Political Group Asks Kim Kardashian to Pay More Taxes (Video)
Progressive advocacy group, the Courage Campaign, targets the reality star's bottom line and hopes to appeal to her sense of fairness.
Progressive advocacy group, the Courage Campaign, may have found a way for Kim Kardashian to gain some fans after the backlash of her quickie divorce from Kris Humphries. It’s asking the reality star to pay more taxes.
"Surprisingly, [Kim] pays only one percentage point more in taxes than the average Californian, 9.3 percent," the organization says according to AdWeek.
The campaign asks Kardashian to support the Millionaires Tax, a California ballot measure that asks state residents who make more than $1 million a year to pay more in taxes to make up for state budget cuts, including ones to education, children and senior services, and road and bridge repairs.
The Courage Campaign goes on to point out that Kardashian "proudly boasts three separate closets for shoes, including one of her favorites, a pair of $2,500 Christian Louboutin lace and python booties," and could stand to pay a little more to relieve the state’s budget shortfall.
I have to say that the fact that she only pays 1% more in taxes than the average Californian who makes $47,000 a year is a winning argument for me. But, will Kim think so?
If you think Kardashian should support the Millionaires Tax, visit TaxKimK.com
The Courage Campaign makes it argument in the video below.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)