'Kourtney & Kim Take New York' Finale Ranks as Third Most-Watched Telecast in E! History
A 40 percent jump from the November premiere pushes the series to record highs, though it's still behind a 2010 episode of parent series "Keeping Up With the Kardashians."
The Kardashians continue to be good business for E!.
Sunday's broadcast of the Kourtney & Kim Take New York fourth season finale marked the reality series highest-rated telecast to date, averaging nearly 4.5 million viewers and earning a 3.6 rating among households and a 3.3 in adults 18-49.
It's showings in total viewers, the adult demo and the network's targeted women 18-34 (a 5.86 rating) all rank as the third highest of any broadcast in the E! history.
The numbers more than doubles last season's finale and marks a 40 percent jump in viewers from the November premiere, which raked in just south of 3.2 million viewers.
This figure tops the high ratings for 2011's Kim's Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event, which averaged 4.4 and 4 million viewers on its respective two-part broadcasts. The only effort in the Kardashian reality franchise to dwarf last night's episode was the 2010 premiere of Keeping Up With the Kardashians. The first outing of the fifth season nabbed 4.7 million viewers.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR