Kris Jenner Tears Up While Discussing Kim Kardashian's Divorce on 'The View'
The “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” matriarch says the family has no regrets when it comes to their public lifestyle.
As part of her conveniently timed media blitz, Kris Jenner appeared on ABC’s The View to pull double duty. The Keeping Up With the Kardashians matriarch simultaneously promoted her new book, Kris Jenner… And All Things Kardashian, and discussed the highly scrutinized divorce of daughter Kim Kardashian.
“She says, ‘Mommy this is what I feel that I need to do. Please trust me, please be there for me.’ Of course as her mom I’m there for my girls through thick and thin,” Jenner said while chocking back tears. “It’s tough, sorry I didn’t mean to go to the emotional place, but it’s a tough time for the family, and for Kim, and for everybody involved."
Though Jenner acknowledged how difficult life is on “such a public stage,” she insisted that the family holds no regrets for their unconventional reality TV lifestyle. The world watched as Kim tied the knot with NBA player Kris Humphries in a lavish summer ceremony, which was broadcast on E! Oct. 8 and 9. By Oct. 31 – just one year after meeting -- the couple had filed for divorce.
The couple was married just 72 days and had completed filming on Season 2 of Kourtney and Kim Take New York. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Kardashian and Humphries filmed a scene in which they opt to “take a break,” and network execs have been discussing how to handle future broadcasts.
So what went wrong in just 72 days?
“I’m actually searching for the same answer to that question,” Jenner told Barbara Walters.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Ian Somerhalder Sings Smokey Robinson Classic in 'Esquire China' Behind the Scene Video - Watch Now!
- 'Glee'Actor Harry Shum Jr. is Engaged to Girlfriend Shelby Rabara!
- Nicole Richie Proudly Rocks New Purple Hair at Lunch with Joel Madden!
- Zooey Deschanel's 'New Girl' & Mindy Kaling's 'Mindy Project' Get Early Renewals From Fox!