Kimmel Steals Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue Unveiling From Letterman
The reveal had been a "Late Show" staple for the past six years.
NBC isn't the only one dealing with change in the late-night sphere.
Jimmy Kimmel's ABC late-night talker Jimmy Kimmel Live! will take over duties in unveiling the 50th anniversary cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, an honor that had been bestowed on CBS' Late Show With David Letterman for the past six years. For what it's worth, the Late Show is not filming any new episodes this week.
Kimmel will reveal the cover exclusively on Thursday's episode, with the cover model appearing on the show Feb. 17. The Swimsuit Issue becomes available on all platforms and newsstands Feb. 18.
Last year's Swimsuit Issue cover model was Kate Upton.
The news comes at a pivotal time for the changing late-night landscape, which has increasingly become more competitive with Kimmel, David Letterman, Conan O'Brien, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert among the heavyweights. Jimmy Fallon's impending Tonight Show debut takes place Feb. 17, while Seth Meyers' Late Night launches the following week.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR