'The Knick' Promo Proclaims, 'Surgery Wasn't Always Science' (Video)
The latest look at the Steven Soderbergh-directed Cinemax series starring Clive Owen has surfaced online.
A new promo for Steven Soderbergh's upcoming Cinemax series The Knick has debuted online.
The moody teaser begins with a slow pan through an early 20th century hospital with quick shots of surgeons sporting bloodstained clothes and hands.
The promo then lingers on the operating room at the Knickerbocker Hospital, which serves as the show's setting, as the following text flashes across the screen: "Surgery wasn't always science."
A close-up shot of Clive Owen's character shows up at the end of the teaser.
The ten-part series revolves around the 1900s New York City Knickerbocker Hospital and its surgeons, nurses and staff, who pushed the bounds of medicine in a time of high mortality rates and no antibiotics.
A premiere date for the show has not yet been announced, but it's expected to debut sometime this summer.
Watch the full promo below.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)