Kristen Wiig, Annie Mumolo Play Wrestle Over 'Bridesmaids' Comedy Award (Video)
The co-writers of the hit film jostle over their newest trophy during the New York City awards show.
Bridesmaids is a film about jealous best friends; maybe it was based on a true story.
Kristen Wiig and Annie Mumolo, the gal-pals and writing partners who wrote the script to the 2011 smash hit, won the prize for Best Movie at last weekend's Comedy Awards in New York City. Unfortunately, there was only one trophy.
After being handed the old-time microphone statuette by Joel McHale and Chevy Chase, Wiig and Mumolo took turns giving their thank you speeches, and more importantly, cradling the prize. Sharing, clearly, isn't their expertise.
Whether it was pre-planned or a fun spur-of-the-moment gimmick reminiscent of their days doing improv together, the pair tussled over their trophy, back and forth, until things got pretty serious -- and seriously funny. If they ever get around to that Bridesmaids sequel, they may already have a good first scene planned.
The Comedy Awards air on Comedy Central on May 6 at 9 p.m. EST.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Kate Upton is Bringing Sexy Curves Back, Model Jessica White Praises!
- Vanessa Hudgens Flashes Her Calvins in Low Slung Shorts!
- Man Sings Frozen's 'Let It Go' in 21 Different Disney Voices & It's as Amazing as You'd Think!
- Neil Patrick Harris Skypes in Shirtless for 'How I Met Your Mother' PaleyFest Panel!