Kristin Chenoweth Sings Anthony Weiner-Inspired 'Popular' Parody (Video)
The "Wicked" star offers advice to the beleaguered New York City mayoral candidate on Tuesday night's "Tonight Show."
Anthony Weiner has made it to Broadway -- sort of.
Former Wicked star Kristin Chenoweth sang a modified version of the musical's hit song, "Popular," about the beleaguered NYC mayoral hopeful, on Tuesday night's Tonight Show.
In it, she advises Weiner how to be "the right kind of popular," pledging that his alter ego "Carlos Danger," will be "no more."
"I'll teach you how to zip your fly. You won't be that guy, with a camera down his pants," Chenoweth sang. "I'll teach you what tweets to tweet. Something clean and sweet."
Chenoweth further instructed, "You wanna be the mayor, stop acting like a big ol' whore."
And she advised Weiner's wife, Huma Abedin, to "take a page from Hillary and become independent of her hubby, while [Weiner sports] a chat room chubby."
She also sang some of the song's original lyrics, including, "Let's start cause you've got an awfully long way to go."
At that point, she paused to note the possible pun with "long."
Watch Chenoweth's full performance of the parody below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR