Kyle Howard, Joel David Moore to Co-Star in USA's 'Paging Dr. Freed' Pilot
The duo will play brothers who inherit their father's medical practice in the comedy from Fox 21.
USA Network has tapped Kyle Howard and Joel David Moore to headline Paging Dr. Freed.
The duo will star in the network's comedy pilot, lifting the cast contingency on the project, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
For My Boys alum Howard, the casting brings him back to USA, where he played Dr. Paul Van Dyke for 13 episodes on the network's Royal Pains. In Dr. Freed, he'll play David to Moore's Jonathan, gynecologist brothers who inherit their father's medical practice after he has a heart attack during an attempt at "playing doctor" with his young secretary.
The duo also will have to contend with their overbearing, neurotic mother in the project from Michael Feldman (That's So Raven) and Fox 21. The guys are further described as being trusted and beloved by their patients, and professionals when it comes to women -- but only from the neck down.
Moore's credits include arcs on Bones, Last Man Standing, Medium and features including Avatar and Savages. He next appears in the feature CBGB as rocker Joey Ramone.
Howard, who most recently filmed NBC's Hilary Winston comedy pilot Happy Valley, is repped by UTA, Underground and Himber Entertainment; Moore is with ICM Partners, Underground and Nelson Davis.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR