Larenz Tate to Co-Star in NBC's Craig Robinson Comedy
He'll play the brother to the "Office" star in the pilot about a middle-school music teacher.
Larenz Tate is joining Craig Robinson's family.
The Rescue Me grad has joined the cast of NBC's comedy starring The Office star, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
From The Office's Owen Ellickson, the pilot centers on Craig (Robinson), a talented musician who adjusts to his new life as a middle-school music teacher, where he maneuvers precocious kids, teacher politics and the temptations of single moms.
Tate will play Kevin, Craig's brother and partner in the duo's band, The Filthy Gentleman. The character is described as a charismatic lady-killer who, thanks to his musical ability, has never held a regular job and who thinks Craig's dedication to his students is a waste of time. Amanda Lund will co-star.
Tate, who in addition to Ray and Menace II Society is recurring this season on Showtime's House of Lies, is with APA, Brillstein Entertainment Partners and Hansen Jacobson.
Ellickson will pen the pilot and exec produce alongside The Office's Greg Daniels, Tracy Katsky, Howard Klein and Mark Schulman. Robinson will produce the Universal Television, Deedle-Dee Productions and 3 Arts single-camera entry.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR