'Last Comic Standing' Alum to Host TBS' Howie Mandel Hidden-Camera Show
Theo Von will oversee "Deal With It," which bows July 16 on the Turner-owned cable network.
TBS is going into business with Theo Von.
The cable network has tapped the Last Comic Standing alum to host its upcoming hidden-camera series Deal With It.
From executive producer Howie Mandel, the series features unsuspecting members of the public dared to pull a prank on their companions with no time to prepare in a bid to win cash and prizes.
Von, who is the host of Yahoo!'s daily recap show Primetime in No Time, is a regular on the stand-up comedy circuit and a former competitor on MTV's Road Rules. He also created CrankTexts.com, a site where he gets into random conversations with total strangers.
The six-episode order will be produced for the network by Mandel's Alevy Productions, Roy Bank's Banca Studio and Keshet in association with Lionsgate Television. Mandel, Bank and Mike Marks will executive produce. The series premieres Tuesday, July 16 at 10 p.m. on TBS.
Von is repped by APA, Levity Entertainment and attorney Lev Ginsburg.
Email: Lesley.Goldberg@thr.com; Twitter: @Snoodit
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR