'Law & Order: SVU' Sets 'In Treatment' Reunion With Hope Davis (Exclusive)
She'll guest star and reteam with showrunner Warren Leight in an episode about violent children.
NBC's Law & Order: SVU is staging an In Treatment reunion.
Hope Davis, who played Mia for a handful of episodes of the HBO drama written by SVU showrunner Warren Leight, has been tapped for a guest gig on the NBC procedural, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Davis will appear in the hour scheduled for April 24 that explores violent youth and will play Viola Mesner, the mother to a troubled boy named Henry (Shameless' Ethan Cutkosky).
"Julie Martin and I co-wrote this one; it's a tough episode about a mother who confronts the possibility that her 10-year-old son is just … wired wrong," Leight tells THR. "We sent it out to Hope and I crossed my fingers because I really couldn't think of anyone else who could play it. Working with Hope on In Treatment was one of the great joys of my career. I'm thrilled I get to work with her again."
In addition to In Treatment, the actress -- who has been fielding multiple pilot offers this season -- most recently has appeared in The Newsroom, Mildred Pierce and The Special Relationship, where she portrayed Hillary Clinton. She's repped by UTA and Kipperman Management.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR