'Law & Order: SVU': Ice-T Inks Two-Year Deal
The actor announces on Twitter that the NBC drama has not locked in any new members yet.
While it remains unclear who will replace Chris Meloni on NBC’s long-running drama Law & Order: SVU, one thing is clear: Ice-T will be returning to the police procedural.
The actor, who has played Detective Fin Tutuola for 250 episodes, announced on Twitter that he has signed a two-year deal to return for the series’ upcoming 13th, and if renewed, 14th seasons.
The actor also tweeted an update on the show’s staffing: “No one else is locked as new members of the show.”
Meloni, who has played Detective Stabler for 12 seasons, announced in May that he would be exiting SVU in the fall.
NBC Entertainment topper Robert Greenblatt told reporters at last month’s upfront presentation for advertisers in New York that the network had plans to “reset the tone” of the series.
Among the upcoming season’s changes, Lights Out’s Warren Leight will replace Neal Baer as showrunner and co-star Mariska Hargitay will be scaling back her commitment to the show after adopting a baby girl with her husband, Peter Hermann, in April.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR