'Legend of the Seeker's' Bridget Regan to Star in ABC's 'Murder in Manhattan'
The actress has been cast in the drama pilot executive produced by Ryan Reynolds.
Legend of the Seeker star Bridget Regan is heading to Manhattan.
Regan, who has appeared on The CW's Beauty and the Beast, has landed a lead role on the ABC drama pilot Murder in Manhattan, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Murder in Manhattan, from executive producer Ryan Reynolds, follows a mother and daughter in New York City who team as amateur sleuths.
The actress will play Alexandra "Lex" Sutton, sassy, voluble and brilliant at everything but her own life. She is the daughter of Blythe Sutton, a sophisticated New Yorker who is widowed when her second husband is murdered. A perfectionist, Lex works in the mayor's community affairs unit and is driven to do good in the world as she manages her mother's high expectations.
Executive producers on the ABC Studios/DarkFire project include Reynolds, Jonathon Komack Martin, Allan Loeb and Maria Maggenti, who will also write. Cherie Nowlan will direct the pilot.
Repped by Gersh, Regan played Kahlan Amnell on Legend of the Seeker from 2008-10. She has also appeared in Perception, Person of Interest and NCIS: Los Angeles.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR