Lena Dunham Confesses Obsessive Crush on 'Jimmy Fallon' (Video)
The 26-year-old creator and star of HBO's "Girls" tells the NBC late-night host about a play she wrote in which they switched bodies and fell in love.
When Lena Dunham made her guest appearance on Wednesday's Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, she had no qualms about revealing her crush on the NBC host and Saturday Night Live alum.
"It's a big deal for me to be here, for a lot of reasons," said Dunham, 26, creator and writer of HBO's Girls. "But the big one is that I was, like, really obsessed with you in high school. Like in a way that was a little crazy."
She continued: "I don't want to freak you out but I feel like there's a lot of stuff I've been meaning to say to you for a long time."
Dunham, who will soon be seen on the big screen in the Judd Apatow comedy This Is 40, revealed that the two met at a party when she was 17 and that Fallon was "nice." (Dunham's mother, Laurie Simmons, is a photographer and fixture in the New York City art world.)
Even more confessional: "I wrote a play in which you and I switched bodies and then fell in love."
That revelation drew big laughs from Fallon, who giggled with an apparent mix of amusement and embarrassment.
"It was a freaky friday thing," said Dunham, adding: "I was like, oh my god, when I wake up and touch myself I'm touching Jimmy Fallon!"
Watch the clip below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR