'House of Lies' Cast Parodies Oscar Nominee 'Les Miserables' (Exclusive Video)
THR has the first look at Don Cheadle and Josh Lawson singing their dialogue "Les Mis"-style.
Les Miserables is getting the House of Lies treatment.
House of Lies stars Don Cheadle (Marty) and Josh Lawson (Doug) took it up a notch on the set of their Showtime comedy, singing lines during a take from an upcoming episode Les Mis-style -- complete with a musical score -- that they're calling, Les Mais.
The idea came about after executive producer Stephen Hopkins saw the Oscar-nominated film and thought it would be funny have the actors singing their lines instead of saying them. (The actual scene won't be sung when it does air.) The network liked the footage so much that the minutelong outtake will air beginning Friday on Showtime, just in time for Academy Awards weekend.
The Hollywood Reporter has the exclusive first look at Cheadle and Lawson's musical stylings (who knew Lawson could belt?), including Cheadle (as Marty) singing "What the f--- are you talking about!"
Let's hope a musical episode is in the works for season three.
House of Lies airs at 10 p.m. Sundays on Showtime.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws