Lester Holt to Replace Ann Curry as 'Dateline NBC' Anchor
He'll continue to co-anchor "Weekend Today" and contribute to "Today" and "NBC Nightly News."
Lester Holt will replace Ann Curry as anchor of Dateline NBC, the network announced Monday.
Holt will continue to host Weekend Today, and contribute to NBC Nightly News and Today.
"He's a terrific anchor, he's an excellent reporter and a great team leader – all the things you need to do to run a show," said David Corvo, senior executive producer of NBC's newsmagazines.
Holt isn't concerned with competing against Brian Williams, who is launching his own newsmagazine Rock Center this fall.
"There's room for both, and there's room for both to grow," he said.
"There's a lot more creative energy in the building, which can only be good," added Liz Cole, Dateline's EP. "
The 20th season premieres Sept. 23.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack