Liberace's Ex, Scott Thorson, Talks 'Candelabra' on 'Today' (Video)
6:55 AM PDT 6/10/2013 by THR Staff
"I was so young at the time. I don't think it would go over too well today. He could possibly go to jail for something like that," he says of his relationship with the piano legend.
Following the buzzy debut of HBO's Behind the Candelabra, Scott Thorson -- the former partner of late piano legend Liberace -- has been making the media rounds, now with a booking on NBC's Today show.
our editor recommends
Thorson, portrayed by Matt Damon in the Steven Soderbergh-directed film, says, "They were right on target. … You couldn't get a better producer, director or stars."
Asked about sparking a relationship with Liberace as a 17-year-old foster kid, Thorson observes: "I was so young at the time. I don't think it would go over too well today. He could possibly go to jail for something like that."
At the same time, he adds, "It's been a marvelous life, don't get me wrong. I love Liberace. He was just great guy."
Thorson was arrested in February on charges of identity theft and burglary for using stolen credit cards. He was released on bail late last month, and will be sentenced in July.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed