Liev Schreiber to Star in Showtime Pilot 'Ray Donovan'
The "Salt" co-star will play a professional "fixer" for the rich and famous in Los Angeles.
Liev Schreiber is heading to Showtime.
The Salt co-star and Everything Is Illuminated writer-director has been tapped to star in the Showtime drama pilot Ray Donovan.
The pilot takes a novelistic look at contemporary Los Angeles with Schreiber playing the title character, a professional "fixer" for the rich and famous in Los Angeles.
As the go-to guy in Hollywood, Ray deftly solves the highly confidential problems of the city's most intriguing personalities and yet he can't quite escape the damage in his own troubled family.
Created by Southland's Ann Biderman, who will executive produce alongside Mark Gordon and Bryan Zuriff for the Mark Gordon Co., production on Ray Donovan will begin in the first quarter in Los Angeles.
Schreiber, repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment, next appears in the feature Goon, which bows in March. The actor, who has narrated a plethora of TV specials, would be making his series TV debut should Ray Donovan be picked up to series. His credits also include an arc on CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
Ray Donovan was one of three new pilots to get the green light under new Showtime entertainment chief David Nevins in August.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR