Lifetime Debuts Chilling Trailer for Anna Nicole Smith Movie (Video)
"Private Practice" alum Agnes Bruckner plays the late Playboy model and actress in the upcoming telefilm.
The first full-length trailer for Lifetime's upcoming Anna Nicole Smith biopic hit the Internet on Monday.
Anna Nicole is based on the true story of Vicky Lynn Hogan, a pretty but plain girl who grew up in a small Texas town who transforms herself into Anna Nicole Smith, the voluptuous, Marilyn Monroe-esque Playboy pinup and model. Private Practice alum Agnes Bruckner portrays the title role in the movie, which premieres June 29.
The 60-second trailer released Monday portrays the glamour and the excess of Smith's life, including her boozing and drug abusing. It's set to a moody cover of the song "Fame" and features only one line of dialogue, in voice-over: "The price of fame, huh?"
Smith was found dead in a Florida hotel room in 2007 of an accidental overdose on at least nine prescription drugs. She was 39.
Anna Nicole also stars Martin Landau as her millionaire husband, J. Howard Marshall; Cary Elwes as his son, E. Pierce Marshall; Virginia Madsen as her mom, Virgie Arthur; and Adam Goldberg as her attorney/confidant, Howard K. Stern.
John Rice and Joe Batteer wrote the script for the movie, which was directed by Mary Harron (American Psycho).
- Judd Apatow Reveals His Penis Rule and Talks About 'Girls' Sex Scenes Banned by HBO
- New Photos From Kurt Cobain Suicide Released by Seattle Police
- Multiple 'Game of Thrones' Movies Eyed by George R.R. Martin
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR