Lifetime Developing 'Prisoners' Wives' Scripted Drama
The Endemol Studios production is based on the BBC series of the same name.
Lifetime has found a new set of wives to follow.
The cable network home to Army Wives is developing a remake of the BBC drama Prisoners' Wives, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The drama, which hails from Endemol Studios, is based on the Tiger Aspect format about four different women, each struggling to cope with a man in her life serving prison time.
The network has found success with Army Wives, recently renewing the drama following the lives of women whose husbands are in the military for a seventh season with three new castmembers, including Ashanti and recurring guest Jesse McCartney.
Endemol Studios -- Endemol USA's recently launched scripted studio arm -- will produce the project, with Jeremy Gold and Russ Buchholtz overseeing.
Prisoners Wives, should it move from development to pilot and ultimately series, would join an Endemol roster that includes AMC's Hell on Wheels, recently renewed daytime syndicated talk show Steve Harvey and AMC's upcoming drama Low Winter Sun, on which Gold is also an executive producer.
The BBC's Prisoners' Wives was created by Julie Gearey and stars Emma Rigby, Polly Walker, Pippa Haywood and Natalie Gavin. Watch a trailer for the series below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)