Lifetime Orders Tim Gunn-Hosted Fashion Series
"Under the Gunn" will debut in January and feature "Project Runway" favorites Mondo Guerra, Anya Ayoung-Chee and Nick Verreos.
Lifetime is expanding its fashion empire.
The female-skewing cable network has picked up Under the Gunn, a new fashion competition series hosted by Emmy winner Tim Gunn.
The series, which will premiere Jan. 16 at 9 p.m., will feature Project Runway alums Mondo Guerra, Anya Ayoung-Chee and Nick Verreos mentoring and managing a fashion empire with 15 up-and-coming designers. Each of the three mentors will have a team of designers to manage, coach, cheerlead and nurture with tough love.
The aspiring contestants will be critiqued by designer Rachel Roy, stylist Jen Rade and TV fashion correspondent Zanna Roberts Rassi.
Under the Gunn hails from The Weinstein Co., Bunim/Murray Productions and the producers behind Emmy-nominated Project Runway. TWC's Bob and Harvey Weinstein, Meryl Poster and Barbara Schneeweiss will executive produce alongside Bunim/Murray's Jonathan Murray, Sara Rea and Teri Weidman, Gunn and Lifetime's Eli Lehrer, Mary Donahue and David Hillman.
The 13-episode series will begin production in November at the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in Los Angeles.
Gunn will remain on Lifetime's Project Runway when it returns in 2014.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR