Lifetime Prepping Jodi Arias TV Movie
With the murder trial gaining national interest, it's poised to join the cable network's recent roster of true-crime telepics about Drew Peterson, Carlina White and Casey Anthony.
With the Jodi Arias trial continuing to draw national interest and pull particularly strong ratings for HLN, another cable network is jumping on story.
Lifetime is prepping a telepic about the woman accused of murdering her ex-boyfriend, The Hollywood Reporter confirms. The news was first reported by TV Guide.
As the Lifetime brand evolves with more and more original series (The Client List, Army Wives and upcoming Devious Maids), true-crime TV movies remain one of the network's biggest draws. Three of Lifetime's biggest ratings hauls of the last year and half came from Drew Peterson: Untouchable; Abducted: The Carlina White Story; and Prosecuting Casey Anthony.
The news is little surprise, given how high-profile Arias coverage has become in recent weeks. The Arizona woman is accused of killing former boyfriend Travis Alexander. He was found dead in 2008 with a gunshot to the head, multiple stab wounds and a slit throat.
Joshua D. Maurer, Alixandre Witlin and Judith Verno, the same team behind Drew Peterson, will executive produce the untitled project. Their previous efforts include Lifetime's The Craigslist Killer and Hallmark's Who Is Clark Rockefeller?
The Arias trial began on Jan. 2. Arias has testified that she did kill Alexander -- but in self-defense.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR