Lifetime Orders Renee Zellweger Drama to Pilot
"Cinnamon Girl" is a coming of age story set in the 1960s and loosely based on the actress' move from small-town Texas to Hollywood.
Lifetime has given pilot orders to Renee Zellweger's drama project, Cinnamon Girl.
The network on Wednesday announced the pilot pickup of the project created by the Bridget Jones' Diary actress, marking er second effort with female-skewing cabler following 2008's Living Proof.
Created by Zellweger and Anthony Tambakis (Warrior), Cinnamon Girl will revolves around four girls as they come of age during the cultural revolution of the late 1960s and early 1970s in Los Angeles. The drama will explore Cassie, Lola, Penny and Lou's lives as they reach a crossroads of the era's political, artistic, social and sexual rebellions. The entry is loosely based on Zellweger's move from small-town Texas to Hollywood stardom.
Warrior's Gavin O'Connor will direct the pilot, with Danny Bramson (Jerry Maguire) on board to produce. Zellweger and Tambakis co-wrote the story with the latter penning the pilot.
In 2008 the Academy Award winner executive produced Living Proof, the true story of UCLA’s Dr. Dennis Slamon, who helped develop the breast cancer drug Herceptin.
Should Cinnamon Girl go to series, it would join scripted entries including The Client List, Army Wives, Drop Dead Diva and the recently acquired Marc Cherry series Devious Maids, which the network picked up after ABC passed on the project in May.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game