Lifetime Sets 'America's Most Wanted' Premiere Date
The John Walsh-hosted series will open its 25th season -- and first on the female-skewing cable network -- on Friday, Dec. 2 at 9 p.m.
Lifetime has a date with America's Most Wanted.
The John Walsh-hosted series will open its 25th season and mark its Lifetime premiere on Friday, Dec. 2 at 9 p.m., the network announced Tuesday.
The female-skewing cable network picked up 20 hourlong episodes of the crime-fighting show in September, taking over weekly installments of the series that has captured more than 1,100 fugitives from Fox.
The Lifetime premiere date announcement comes days after Fox aired its first AMW quarterly special, 50 Fugitives, 50 States.
"We are the court of last resort and with the show getting back to our weekly airing, we’ll have the capability of getting more fugitives off the streets and behind bars where they belong," Walsh said in a statement announcing the news.
In addition to the new network, the Friday slot marks a shift from AMW's longtime home on Saturday nights on Fox, where the network most recently aired its 50 Fugitives special.
"We hope our observant fans continue the mission with us, on our new night -- Friday -- and keep our capture number climbing while helping those crime victims that need us,” he added.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR