Lifetime's Kim Raver Starrer 'Secret Lives of Wives' Not Moving Forward
The drama was one of four pilots in contention at the network.
The secret lives of Lifetime's Wives will not be told.
The female-skewing cable network has opted to not move forward with its Kim Raver drama pilot The Secret Lives of Wives inspired by Iris Krasnow's book of the same name, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Grey's Anatomy's Raver starred in the ensemble drama that explored the unvarnished truth behind the marriages of four different women -- Michelle (Raver), Reed (Criminal Minds' Salli Richardson), Keaton (Three Rivers' Amber Clayton) and Jessie (Paranormal Activity 3's Lauren Bittner).
Jill Gordon (Five) penned the pilot for the Warner Horizon effort and exec produced alongside Dan Lin (Sherlock Holmes) and Jennifer Gwartz (Veronica Mars). Krasnow produced the Lin Pictures in entry.
Lifetime ordered Secret Lives of Wives in July, a month after NBC had already ordered to pilot a similarly titled Jerry Bruckheimer drama called The Secret Lives of Husbands and Wives, which remains in contention for the fall at the network.
The news comes a day after Lifetime opted to cancel signature drama Drop Dead Diva after five seasons and a reboot of its long-running scripted hit Army Wives.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting